VIKING RIVER CRUISES
If you are planning your next river cruise vacation and are wondering which company to choose, Viking offers incredible river cruises with expertly curated itineraries and exceptional onboard amenities. The cruise line’s state-of-the-art ships will offer you the ultimate luxury while cruising rivers around the world.
From the first moment you step foot on board, you’ll be greeted with a world of adventure and elegance. Immerse yourself in culture, history, and more as you experience the Viking cruise line. Find out why you should consider Viking for your next river cruise vacation.
AAA Member Benefit
- $100 per person shipboard credit for all cruises 8-11 days
- $200 per person shipboard credit for all cruises 12 days or longer
AAA Vacations® Benefit
VIKING RIVER CRUISE VACATIONS
Viking was founded in 1997 and focuses on providing travelers with unique and immersive experiences, exploring some of the world’s most stunning and historic destinations. Viking has grown over the years to become an award-winning river cruise company and now operates a fleet of cutting-edge ships. Each Viking longship features spacious staterooms, elegant dining options, and state-of-the-line onboard amenities.
Viking has earned a name in the cruise industry for its curated itineraries. These experiences take guests to iconic destinations throughout the world, including famous river cruises in Egypt, Asia, and Europe. The company provides guests with authentic experiences and in-depth guided tours through the history of each destination.
On board, Viking provides numerous activities and entertainment options. Guests can attend lectures, cooking demos, and music performances. The cruise line focuses on cultural enrichment, offering demonstrations and expert-led talks from local guides.
IS A VIKING RIVER CRUISE RIGHT FOR ME?
Viking cruises make a great choice for a wide range of travelers. Vacationers who might find Viking a particularly perfect fit include the following types of cruisers:
- Those who are passionate about history and culture. Viking provides guests with immersive experiences of the places they visit. When you cruise with Viking, you’ll be able to experience historic regions of the world up close and personal. You’ll also be offered the chance to attend lectures aimed at sharing in-depth information about each destination.
- Those who prefer to cruise in luxury. Viking is a premier cruise line with top-of-the-line accommodations. Spacious and elegant staterooms await with premier onboard services. Dine at luxury restaurants, relax at a day spa, and enjoy the elegance Viking offers.
- Those who prefer a tranquil environment. Viking caters to adults and the atmosphere on its ships is tranquil and refined. This is the perfect cruising experience for adults looking for a relaxed and upscale cruise experience.
VIKING CRUISE DEPARTURE PORTS
Viking river cruises depart from numerous ports around the world. Depending on the itinerary, the following are a few potential departure ports for a Viking cruise:
- Europe: Amsterdam, Regensburg, Basel, Budapest, Frankfurt, and Paris
- Asia: Bangkok, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, and Hong Kong
- Egypt: Cairo and Luxor
- North America: New Orleans, St. Paul, St. Louis, and Memphis
- South America: Manaus and Belem
Keep in mind that ports may vary based on seasonality and the itineraries being offered.
TOP THINGS TO DO ON A VIKING RIVER CRUISE
When embarking on a Viking river cruise, there are countless things you can do both on and offboard. Consider the following top things to do on a Viking river cruise:
- Enjoy onboard entertainment: relax with a glass of wine while listening to a live music show. Sign up for a dance class or listen to a locally led lecture.
- Explore historic destinations: Viking ships take you to some of the most iconic destinations in the world. Explore historic cities, such as Vienna and Prague, up close. Walk through the streets of charming villages, visit notable landmarks, and learn about the rich culture of each location.
- Sample local cuisine: at each stop, take the time to enjoy traditional dishes from the destinations you visit. Sign up for cooking classes and learn how to create new meals.
- Take part in a guided tour: Viking cruises offer guests the chance to take part in included guided tours. Experience the destination while learning about the history of the place.
- Kick back and relax: with a peaceful ambiance, Viking river cruises are the perfect opportunity to relax in luxury. Book a spay day or sun on the deck.
THE BENEFITS OF CHOOSING VIKING CRUISES
There are numerous reasons why many cruisers fall in love with Viking river cruises. The following are just a few of the benefits of choosing this cruise line:
- Spacious ships: Rather than feeling crowded, the luxury ships Viking operates offer ample space and a limited headcount. This allows you to skip the long lines of large cruise ships and enjoy a personalized experience.
- One-of-a-kind itineraries: When you sign up for a Viking river cruise, you’ll head to picturesque bucket-list locations around the globe. Float down the Nile, step foot on the banks of the Amazon, or take a tour through the heart of America on the Mississippi.
- Pre and post-cruise packages: Along with excellent onboard amenities, Viking offers packages to extend your stay. Book all your lodging at once and create a stress-free journey.
- Luxury experience: Viking is designed for discerning adults who seek an elevated cruise experience. Both on and off the ship, you’ll be greeted with top-quality services. From the locally-led excursions to the onboard entertainment, Viking provides a premium cruising experience.
BOOK YOUR NEXT CRUISE WITH AAA
AAA Travel provides peace of mind when you travel! AAA Travel has teamed up with some of the industry’s best cruise lines to provide you with:
- Added amenities
- AAA Vacations® 24/7 Member Care
- Best Price Guarantee
Contact your local AAA Travel Agent or book at https://www.aaa.com/tripcanvas/category/cruises